Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I Hope...

How many of you go through that feeling of a sense of loss more than once? This is very common at first when your child has been diagnosed, but also every time another mile stone is missed/delayed, or when another road block is in the way of your child's development. Over the last couple months we have had more than a few of these come up for more than one of our sons. I realize more and more what additional challenges I see in their future and I begin to ask "what if he can't..." I have to stop myself right then, because If I continue to dwell on that question, it brings me down and hinders my perception to see what my sons are capable of. Instead I need to say, "I hope..." and then focus on the now, because now is so important for their future.

No comments: